Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011





I don’t get sick.

But one time I did. This particular Thursday I got to school and thought I might “toss my cookies” (as my little brother Luke would say). Should I stay at school and feel horrible all day, or should I get a sub and go home? I chose the latter, taking the risk of leaving my very defiant, loud and extremely challenging kids with a substitute teacher. After putting in for a sub, I spent the next hour giving the kids busy work, gathering sub plans, and consoling them, reassuring them that they would be OKAY without me for a day! 

As I was about to leave, Gary burst out “Well, I’m leaving!” I asked, “Where do you plan on going?” Confidently he said, “I’m going with you!” At that moment I felt more loved than I have in a long time.

This got me thinking, God wants us all to be like Gary. He didn’t care where I was going, he just knew he wanted to be with me. The safest, most secure place in Gary’s mind was going wherever I went. In the same way, the safest, most secure place that we could ever be is exactly where God IS. So as I peer into my unpredictable future, attempting to decipher what I should do and where I should go, I’m reminded to have childlike faith. To say to God “I’m going with you!” 

1 comments:

Faith said...

I LOVE it, great insight Catherine! And I'm glad Gary made you feel oober loved, we need those moments! God is so good.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 a skittle for you. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.