Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011


 Has anyone ever told you that they want your brain?

Well, I was told that today by one of my students.

As I sat there trying to help him do his addition problems, he looked up at me and told me he wanted my brain. He proceeded to pretend to cut out my brain and put it in his head- sound effects and all!

I asked him why he wanted my brain. He said it was because I am smart. (On top of being told I’m pretty and funny daily, I have now been told I am smart! Another reason why I love my job!) I told him that he is also smart and he insisted that he wasn’t. That broke my heart. I went on to tell him that he is smart and that he just needs to work hard to get smarter and smarter!

Side note: I was talking to one of my principals today about the power of your words. I told her about my little guy who thinks he’ll never be smart. She encouraged me to continue to speak life into my students and I encourage you to speak life into the people you are around.

Driving home (in rush hour traffic) I was thinking about how I’ve never really wanted another human’s brain- but I sure do wish I could have a glimpse into God’s. Just like how my little guy felt like he’d never get a grasp on addition or be as smart as me, I am in a season where I feel like it’s hard to know what’s on God’s mind for my life.

When my little brother was quite young my parents were believing for a huge financial breakthrough. My little brother boldly stated that we don’t need money, all we need is God’s mind.

I’m praying for God’s mind in this season. And I’m praying that my little guy realizes that he has a very special brain, not to be traded for anyone's. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 a skittle for you. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.